Three blogs configured but only one displays.

Apr 25, 2009 at 5:08 AM
I believe I configured everything correctly, but each new blog gets the same settings.  I noticed a few issues with the template for creating a new blog, and made sure I follwed the steps cleanly a few times before I decided to ask for help.  I finally configured a single "standard" blog with DbBlogProvider and made sure it was working correctly.  Then I ran "DatabaseSchemaChanges.sql" and modified Web.config with SqlBlogProvider, LinqMembershipProvider, LinqRoleProvider and multiblog="true".  Added Binaries to /bin folder and of course added a couple domains to the host header of my Web Site.  Then I ran the "AddNewBlog.sql" after I cleaned up the template...
Some of the <p> strings look like template variables to Management Studio.  I cleaned up the SQL directly as well if I needed, such as when several nulls messed up the initial blog post.

This is all running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 on IIS 6 in ASP.NET 32-bit mode.  I'm even trying to debug with Visual Studio 2008.

Can I be missing something simple?  If not, can you suggest where to start looking?  Is there a more specific set of instructions for the "simple" taks of configuring a new "multiblog" installation?

I've been looking at this problem and solution for over a year now and just recently decided to take apart the SQL Schema to figure out what was needed to get multiple blogs on one SQL server instance, but not only have you figured it out and implemented it already, but also made sure to work out the single BE.NET instance.  Anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Thanks for writing this up in such detail. I'm going to open this as an issue so I can upload a file and make it easier to track.