Keeping up with BlogEngine.NET Fixes

May 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Now that this is a full-fledged provider, is it possible to either keep up to date with major changes in BlogEngine.NET or get this rolled into the Core?  I realize that there may not be too much, if anything to do beyond testing the BE.N code changes with this provider, but I think, as an example, the Blog Roll updates won't work.  I want to test that now and see if I can make necessary changes in a reasonable amount of time.  Is anyone already looking at this?

I regularly check the newest code check-ins for BE.N and grab anything remotely interesting and specifically changes I've been looking for, not to mention bug fixes and security patches.  Since the SQL schema and DB provider was changed for the BlogRoll, I realize that this would likely break things with the "SQL Server" provider.  More to come...
Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 7:24 AM
Good point. Since I'm the one that did the changes for BlogRoll, you'd think I'd keep up here as well. Doh! I'm thinking that since BE.Net hasn't released the BlogRoll changes live, we should be good doing the same here. i.e. making keeping up with changes in source and rolling out a release when BE.Net releases.
Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Okay, I've checked in an update that uses the current BlogEngine.Core code and includes putting BlogRoll items in the database. It's completely untested, but it compiles. That means there's no bugs, right?
May 19, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Change Set 27554 for BlogEngine.NET: Referrer data now stored in DB if using DB provider.

Should I attempt another merge, or is this something you or someone else is already working on?  I'll give it a look tomorrow if I can.

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 8:05 AM

It's on my plate, but will probably be a couple days at least.